In the business world, there are several types of letters that are written for numerous purposes. Depending on the reason behind the letter, most of these letters have their own format or style of writing. To enable one write a great business letter, it is important to ensure that the letter is written in the appropriate form. Below are some examples of a business letter
The Contract Letter
This type of business letter authorizes an employee to begin a project or work immediately. The letter serves as a proof of an agreement between the parties involved. When writing a Contract letter, there are six elements to include and these are
- Your offer
- An Acceptance
- Your Intention to establish a legal relationship
One effective way of reaching out to one’s clients is through a Newsletter. It is also another way to establish a good relationship with one’s clients. However, when writing a newsletter, there are certain elements that help to create an effective newsletter.
- Captivating Headlines: Due to the amount of information available, it is advisable to use captivating headlines that will draw the attention of the reader. This is because every customer has lots of information at their disposal; therefore, you can stand out by making your headline attractive.
- Clear and Concise: Presently, most people prefer newsletters that are brief and straight to the point. These types of newsletters tend to perform well and it attracts the reader because they would not find newsletter to be lengthy. The newsletter should be straight to the point and it should educate your readers on how you can help them. Therefore, a brief letter with clear and easy to understand wordings is recommended.
- Writing Style: Another important element of a Newsletter is the writing style. Most people prefer newsletters that are conversational and easy to resonate. Nevertheless, to keep a reader glued to a newsletter, it is important to use a conversational tone.
- Call-to-action: To maximize the advantage of a newsletter, it is always good to add a call to action that persuades the reader to take certain action. It could be to make a purchase, sign up for an event and so on.
- Branding: As a company, it is important to brand your newsletter. The design of your newsletter is vital because it encourages your customer to read the newsletter. It also helps your readers resonate with your company or brand as a whole.
Sales Letter: The sales letter gives an organization the ability to persuade a customer to make a purchase. To be able to write an effective sales letter, your sales letter must include
- A captivating heading
- The description of the sales letter
- The motive behind the sales letter
- A substantial guarantee
- Testimonials (If available)
- A clear call to action
A reference letter refers to a letter that is used to recommend a person’s work, expertise, performance etc. Sometimes, reference letters are usually required in certain organizations. When writing a reference letter, there are important elements to include such as
- Introduce yourself
- State why you are the right person to write the reference letter
- state your relationship with the person you are recommending
- Explain why you decided to recommend the person
- Identify certain qualities or behaviors of the person that you feel will be of benefit to the recipient
- State why the person deserves to be chosen in the organization
- State whether or not you will be available for a follow-up or for further questions
The above are the essential elements to consider when writing a business letter. These elements when added help to make the business letter more professional.